RENTAL SHIFT SUPERVISOR
We are seeking a shift supervisor to join the Potter Violins rental department at the Muddy Branch location in Gaithersburg, MD. Potter Violins is the largest bowed stringed instrument shop in the Mid-Atlantic region and has a nationally recognized rental program. We are looking for someone with a stringed instrument background and a passion for music education.
- Operate our point-of-sale system to process rentals, orders, and retail purchases
- Size clients for rentals to our sizing standards
- Maintain and organize the rental and merchandise inventory
- Answer phones and direct calls
- Package and ship rental outfits
- Maintain rental accounts and contracts
- Other duties as needed
- Must be proficient in violin, viola, or cello
- Must be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience in customer service preferred
- Fluency in Spanish highly preferred
- Full-time (hourly): Up to 38 hours per week, Saturdays required. Benefits include paid time off and 401k plan.
Part-Time Marketing and Social Media Associate
Potter Violins is seeking a savvy and creative person to help tell our story and engage more customers online and in-person. The Marketing and Social Media Associate will join a team of dedicated musicians and luthiers whose goal is to help our customers succeed in their music-making. The ideal candidate will work 2-3 days per week, up to 20 hours, with room to grow. The position is located in the Potter Violins flagship store in Takoma Park, MD.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a friendly and inclusive social media voice, strong writing skills, the ability to create engaging digital content, knowledge of stringed instruments, and is a self-starter. The goal of this position is to increase social media activity and drive more customers to our physical and online stores.
Reporting to and collaborating with the Sales Manager, the Marketing and Social Media Associate’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Creating and scheduling regular content on social media channels
- Engaging with customers and influencers online
- Writing and sending regular email newsletters
- Curating and/or writing blog content
- Managing print promotions once or twice per year depending on seasonal needs